Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

I'm going to be honest.  Compared to Order of the Phoenix, I LOVED this book! It was much better and much more action packed.  It started to weed out the main characters from those who weren't so important. The mood of the book, however, did get darker.  I started to really take sides with Harry.  I've come to the conclusion that Ron Weasley is so incredibly whiny and sort of like an emotional girl.  Harmonie Granger is different, but just as annoying to me.  She is a "know it all" who just tries to boss everyone around and I got quite agitated! I was also pleased that along with more action, it also included new relationships and new angles on already existing relationships.  Ginny dating Harry was exciting as well as the evolvement of Hermonie and Ron's "friendship".  Draco Malfoy became much more important and his role with the Death Eaters, whether he volunteered for it or not.  I'm surprised that Lord Voldemort chose him to complete this task, knowing that the Malfoy family was known for their cowardice.  After all, it was Cissy Malfoy who asked Snape to help, NOT Lord Voldemort.  This book was where I believe Harry really began to prove himself as the "Chosen One", it also reveals how serious and difficult it will be to destroy his enemy.  At the end of this book, as we all know, Albus Dumbledore is killed by non-other than his trusted friend Snape.  I believe this was an interesting twist to the tale.  Just when you think you know where he stands...you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment